The thermal performance of loose filled cellulose compares favorably to other types of low cost insulation. Cellulose is very good at fitting around items in walls like pipes and wiring, leaving few air pockets that can reduce the overall efficiency of the wall which makes it a good low cost solution to providing energy efficiency in your home.
What is Cellulose?
Cellulose is one of the oldest forms of insulation. It comes in either blown-in insulation or loose-fill insulation and can be utilized in existing or new homes. It’s composed of 80% recycled paper/denim and is heavily treated. The chemicals used to treat cellulose increase the flame retardant efficiency and pest control—they are not considered to be harmful or hazardous to people.
Cellulose can be applied as loose-fill (dry) or blown-in (wet). The applications of cellulose cover many areas of your home just like fiberglass: basements, crawl spaces, attics, floors, and walls.
- Composed of more recycled material than other forms of insulation.
- Regarded by some as one of the most green forms of insulation.
- Same sound reducing properties as fiberglass.
- Increases the environment of your home to a healthier and energy efficient level.
- The chemicals used to treat cellulose insulation provide mold/pest resistance and serve as a fire retardant.
Need Cellulose Insulation Contractors in Rockford, IL?
If you’re in need of cellulose insulation for your home or place of business, give Comfort 1st Insulation a call (833) 244.7283, email email@example.com or fill out our contact form. We’re certified and accredited professionals with the experience and knowledge to provide the best Insulation System tailored to your needs.