What is Fiberglass Insulation?
Fiberglass insulation is a non-combustible material made from recycled glass and mineral-based ingredients you can pronounce. It is a tried-and-true insulation material that has been in used for at least 75 years and the most thoroughly researched and tested insulation on the market. Fiberglass has proven itself to be a prominent cost-effective way to get the comfort and energy efficiency you want.
Curious about having one of our insulation installers add fiberglass insulation to your Rockford area home? Give us a call (833) 244-7283, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our contact form to get a hold of the experts at Comfort 1st Insulation.
Types of Fiberglass
Fiberglass can blown in or installed by rolling out batts of insulation. Blown-in fiberglass is perfect for use in attics or finished walls because of how the small particles fill evenly around utilities.
- Blown-in (loose-fill) Insulation: utilizes an insulation blowing machine to fill small gaps, cracks, crevices, and leaks in the attic or other areas of your home.
- Batt Insulation: comes in flat-pieces (panels) that are cut and trimmed to fit the spaces between walls, floor joists, and especially crawl spaces and basements.
Benefits of Fiberglass
Fiberglass is regarded as one of the most energy efficient types of insulation and installed in 90% of homes. Installation of fiberglass requires no downtime (no drying or curing process) and other operations can continue safely during installation throughout the home. Some of the other major benefits include:
- Easy and safe to install which increases productivity and less time during a job.
- Provides high R-Values for efficiency in every climate (keep temperature stability).
- Reduce unwanted noise throughout the home.
- Reduce moisture and increasing mold resistance.
Need Fiberglass Insulation Contractors in Rockford, IL?
If you’re in need of fiberglass insulation for your home or place of business, give Comfort 1st Insulation a call (833) 244-7283, email email@example.com or fill out or contact form. We’re certified and accredited professionals with the experience and knowledge to provide the best Insulation System tailored to your needs.